Veterinarians are required by Georgia Pharmacy Law to write prescriptions and retain copies of these prescriptions for all prescription drugs dispensed in their practice. Georgia Law also prohibits a veterinarian from dispensing medication for animals that have not been examined by that veterinarian and prohibits a veterinarian from dispensing refills without a bonafide veterinarian/client/patient relationship.
Reference: Official Code of Georgia Annotated Sections 16-13-41, 26-4-4, 26-4-85 and 26-4-116 amended.
Any inconvenience that clients may experience from these regulations is deeply regretted.
This information is provided by the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association as a service to the membership.
Location & Contact Information:
1965 Glynn Avenue, Suite 200
Brunswick, Georgia 31520
Golden Isles Animal Hospital is open:
Monday thru Friday: 7:30am-5pm
- Convenient Drop-off Service
- Appointments Recommended!
- Walk-In patients are accepted
- Patients with appointments made in advance will be seen ahead of Walk-In's.
- All routine services must be paid at the time of service, unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash and/or personal checks for the amount of the fee only. Visa, MasterCard & Discover are also accepted. All professional service fees and prescriptions must be paid in full at the time the pet is dismissed fom the hospital.
- We would be happy to provide a written estimate for services. Please feel free to ask.
- A minimum of 50% of the estimate is required as a deposit at the time of admission for all major and minor surgery, procedures and hospitalization.
- Financial policy prevents the establishment of any new charge accounts. No additional services may be charged to any account with an outstanding balance over 60 days past due. All fees MUST be paid at the time of service if a balance exists over 30 days past due.
- All animals must be current on vaccinations (Dogs-Rabies, Distemper/Parvo/Bordatella & Cats-Feline Leukemia and Feline Distemper) in order to enter the boarding Kennel.